2/05/2011

I'm Not Too Skinny (Open Letter To My Father)

106 pounds is a perfectly healthy weight for a 5'0 female....right?
It's not like I'm eating any less than I was before I went vegan (I use "vegan" loosely here- I'm attempting not to consume any food with animal byproducts, but doubtfully I've slipped up a few times)...I'm just eating different foods- healthier, more ecologically humane food.
I'm not too skinny-
You've always been able to see my collar bones and my ribs, even when I weighed almost 120 pounds. That's just the way that my fat and tissue distributes itself.
No, I'm not going to die. If anything, I'll become healthier as my body cleanses itself of impurities.
I hope.
No, I won't staring eating meat or drinking milk again. It won't do myself a bit of good to intoxicate myself and the environment unnecessarily.
So, please, my loving and caring father,
PLEASE don't hate me over this action to better the world and myself.
PLEASE don't loose any sleep over my health.
PLEASE just calm down and allow me to prove that everything will be okay.
Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment